If you a new to Xactimate or want to learn to navigate the new Xactimate (X1 Desktop), this course is for you!
Xactimate Getting Started, designed for new to intermediate Xactimate users, is the first in a series of courses, which helps to increase your understanding and efficiency using Xactimate (Version X1). This is a self-paced online course. Pause the video, Practice using your own copy of Xactimate, then click Play to resume the training. We call it Pause, Practice, & Play!® Course length: 80 min.
This course prepares the attendee to begin using Xactimate, including registering an XactNet address, receiving assignments, creating a company header and model statements, helpful preferences, downloading current pricing, creating your first project, and much more. View on your desktop, tablet, or mobile device!
Outside the Project
- Accessing Xactimate Online (28) & Xactimate X1 Desktop
- Xactimate Subscriptions & Versions
- What is an XactNet Address?
- Registering an XactNet Address
- What is XactAnalysis?
- The Full Cycle Claims Workflow
- Xactimate X1: Navigating the Local Page
- Duplicating a Project
- Setting Time Saving User Preferences
- Free Xactimate Help Resources
Inside the Project
- Creating Your First Project
- Carrier vs. Contractor Profiles
- The 4 Step Estimating Process
- Project Windows Overview
- Requesting a Price List
- Navigating X1 Project Windows;
- Sketch Introduction
- Estimate Items
- Using Reference Search
- Marking a Project Complete
- Identifying/Inputting Required/Missing Info
- Printing an Estimate
- Creating Model Statements to make projects look more professional
- Creating a Company Header
- Using Tokens
- Uploading a Completed Project
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What do I need?
An internet connection is required to access this course, as it is delivered online. Also, access to Xactimate X1 Desktop is recommended in order to follow along with the course.
If you are a new user, you can use a free Xactimate Professional demo (Follow this link: https://www.xactware.com/store/PRODUCTS/Xactimate/Free-Demo/Xactimate-Demo/2-470.do) or a live copy of Xactimate X1 Desktop you use for work.
Who is the trainer?
Sean M. Burgess, an Xactimate Certified Trainer. Sean has worked as both a field adjuster and a restoration estimator. He enjoys working with adjusters, estimators, technicians, and anyone wanting to learn, update, or refresh on Xactimate!
What do I learn?
- Learn the new Xactimate X1 Desktop interface and menus
- Walk through the 4 Step Estimating Process
- Understanding the Full Cycle (Electronic) Claims Process
- Increase efficiency by setting up User Preferences
- Creating/Defaulting a Company Header
- Creating/Defaulting a Model Statements
- Downloading a Price List
- Accessing Reference/Help Resources
and much more!
How long do I have access to the course?
Course access is provided for a single user on a monthly basis.
What are the minimum system requirements?
Please use the latest version of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer browsers.