Xactimate 3-day Online Class (Level 1 & 2)
This 3-day online Xactimate estimating class will prepare you to write property damage estimates using Xactimate X1 Desktop. Topics include; navigating Xactimate, creating projects, creating to scale interior and roof diagrams, inputting a detailed scope of repairs, distributing your estimate using a variety of professional print reports, and more. To get the most out of class, it is recommended that each attendee install or have access to their own copy of Xactimate or a free demo. Attendees may use Xactimate X1 Desktop, Xactimate 28 desktop or Xactimate 28 Online in class. This course does not cover Xactimate Mobile.
Register for a Free 30-day Xactimate Demo: https://www.xactware.com/store/PRODUCTS/Xactimate/Free-Demo/Xactimate-Demo/2-470.do (If you already have access to Xactimate, it is not necessary to register for a demo.)
Class Level(s): Level 1: Fundamentals & Level 2: Proficiency (Basic – Intermediate). No previous experience with Xactimate is required. For experienced users, this course serves as a complete refresher. Day 1 focuses on Level 1 (Fundamentals) topics. Days 2 & 3 focus on Level 2 (Proficiency/Power User) topics.
Note: During registration, you create an account for the attendee to access course information.
If you are registering someone other than yourself, be sure to input the Attendee’s email address in the Create Account (username) field and distribute the password you input to the attendee. Also, input the Attendee’s email address in the Attendee info section and select if CE is desired. Else, select No CE.
If you are registering multiple attendees, please email: email@example.com with “Multiple Attendees” in the subject line.
- Utilizing the 4-step estimating process to quickly create a project, review your estimate, and export.
- Using construction concepts to build interior and roofing diagrams using sketch.
- Finding line-items related to your current scope of repairs.
- Modifying material pricing, creating miscellaneous and bid-items and/or material analysis line-items.
- Increasing your estimating efficiency by estimating graphically through Sketch!
- Using Annotations and Symbols to effectively document losses.
- Identifying and effective use of keyboard shortcuts.
- Adding, organizing, and annotating images to provide additional clarity and detail.
- Using reference area and reference block properties to affect estimate calculations
- Flooring Tools selection to calculate carpet waste, modify roll direction, and show flooring cuts
- Inspecting your estimate to identify and resolve scoping overlap, omission, and duplication issues.
- Delivering estimate reports in formats best suited to your clients (both internal and external).
- Staying up to date with new Xactimate price list line-items and submitting pricing feedback!
Sean M. Burgess is an Xactimate Certified Trainer (XCT) and has experience writing estimates for both insurance and restoration companies, which proves a valuable reference for attendees on gaining practical, field based instruction. This online class is approved for insurance continuing education for Florida Adjuster Optional adjusters and IICRC Certified technicians.
Information is sent to each attendee how to best prepare for class, along with tips for participating in an online session. However, it is the responsibility of each attendee to prepare their computer in advance of class so they are ready to participate on day 1.
Note: Pricing is based on a per attendee basis. Online training fees are nonrefundable, including for connectivity issues. Please test your audio and video connectivity to a zoom session in advance of class at https://zoom.us/test .
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need in order to attend?
- Stable internet connection
- Computer with Xactimate installed or access to Xactimate online (New Users: A free demo Xactimate is available through Xactware.)
- Headset with mic (or built-in computer mic and speakers)
- Webcam (Attendees are encouraged to have their webcam on during class presentation)
- Second screen/monitor & Computer Mouse (highly recommended)
What is the Class Schedule? (Class times are in Central Time)
Day 1: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Please join 30 minutes early on day 1.)
Day 2: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Day 3: 8:00am – 3:30pm
Which version of Xactimate do I need for class?
The Instructor will spend the bulk of the class using Xactimate X1 Desktop. Attendees may use Xactimate X1 Desktop, Xactimate 28 Desktop, or Xactimate Online.
Is the workbook included in course tuition?
Yes. Attendees receive Xactware’s Fundamentals & Proficiency workbook (digital version), which is delivered via the Mimeo Digital App.
*The Mimeo Digital can be accessed on any device (PCs, tablets, and smartphones) via your web browser or the mobile app. The Mimeo Digital mobile app is available for free download to Mimeo Digital customers and their audiences on the Apple App Store, Amazon Appstore for Android, MS Windows 10 Store, and Google Play.
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mimeo-digital/id1108474457
Is a Free Demo of Xactimate available?
A free 30-day demo of Xactimate is available for new users. Register here for a free demo. Learn More. (If you already have access to Xactimate, it is not necessary to register for a demo.)
Xactimate is a windows-based program. The online version of Xactimate requires Microsoft Silverlight via Internet explorer browser (Safari browser is not compatible). Xactimate Mobile (IOS or Android) app is not covered in this class.
Is Continuing Education Credit Available?
Yes. Upon successful completion of this course, attendees holding an adjuster license in the states listed below or an IICRC Certification are eligible to receive continuing education credit for their attendance and participation in class.
However, attendees desiring continuing education credit are expected to attend and participate in the full class, respond to polls or other questions, etc. as well as meeting any additional requirements as listed below, mandated by their licensing organization/department.
See specific approvals below;
*IICRC C.E.: up to 14 hours (Event 2205)
Florida Adjuster Optional: 22 hours
Florida Adjuster Optional attendees must be in attendance for the entire class. No partial credit is available. Attendee will be sent an acknowledgement form via email (.PDF document) to complete, sign, and return, acknowledging your participation in all sessions of the approved class. This form must be returned to Watermark before any credit will be awarded.
Florida Public Adjuster Optional: 18 hours (Course id#: 115718)
Florida Public Adjuster Optional attendees must be in attendance for the entire class. No partial credit is available. Attendee will be sent an acknowledgement form via email (.PDF document) to complete, sign, and return, acknowledging your participation in all sessions of the approved class. The completed and signed form must be returned to Watermark before any credit will be awarded.
*Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification.